Creating and Grading Assignments:
To create assignments, please view the instructions provided by the Center for Academic Learning (CAL) here.
To view, annotate, and grade assignments using the grading sidebar, please view the Blackboard Inline Grading for Assignments video below.
Plagiarism Checking with SafeAssign
SafeAssign compares submitted assignments against a collection of academic papers to identify areas of overlap between the submitted assignment and existing works. SafeAssign is integrated into regular Blackboard Learn assignments and can be selected on the settings page.
Use SafeAssign to review assignment submissions for plagiarism potential and create opportunities to help students identify how to properly attribute sources rather than paraphrase. SafeAssign is effective as both a deterrent and an educational tool.
SafeAssign is based on a unique text matching algorithm capable of detecting exact and inexact matching between a paper and source material. Submissions are compared against several databases:
Select SafeAssign plagiarism checking for any of your assignments in Blackboard.
VERY IMPORTANT: After creating a video quiz, the quiz must be placed in the Blackboard Course Content for the grades to be automatically added to the gradebook.
To start creating a media quiz, the media must first be uploaded to Kaltura’s My Media.
Launching the Quiz Editor:
1. Log in to Blackboard and click the My Media tab at the top of the page.
2. Click Add New, then select Video Quiz.
3. Next to the media you wish to use for quizzing, click Select. This will launch the Quiz Editor.
4. Find a place where you want to add a question, and click the Pause button.
Select the desired question type by clicking on its icon.
5. Add question text, and, if applicable, answer choices. (The example shown is for multiple choice.)Side Note: Multiple choice questions start with two answer options. Two more options can be added by clicking the plus (+) button. By default, the first option is the correct answer, and you can scramble the answer list after inputting answers by clicking the randomize button.
You are finished creating a video quiz. It will be saved with the original title appended by “- Quiz”. Continue below to see how to place a Kaltura Interactive Video Quiz in your Blackboard course.
1. Go to the page in your Blackboard course you want to place the Kaltura Video Quiz.
4. Title your quiz, and change any settings. Click Submit, and you are done. If you upload the quiz this way a grade center column will automatically be created in the Grade Center and a grade will automatically be entered when the student takes the quiz.
Create a Test:
To create a test, add questions to a test, and make your test available to students, please view the How to Create a Test in Blackboard Learn